The Strengthening Families Program: For Parents and Youth 10-14 (SFP 10-14) is a parent, youth, and family skills-building curriculum designed to: build family strengths, strengthen parenting skills, prevent teen substance abuse and other behavior problems. The program is delivered with seven sessions for parents, youth, and families using realistic videos, role-playing, discussions, learning games, and family projects. In just seven two-hour sessions you will learn how to show love while setting limits, your children will develop skills in handling peer pressure and building a positive future, your family will grow and have fun together.
Iowa State University has evaluated the Strengthening Families Program 10-14 with hundreds of families. Compared with families who were not in the program
· Youth had significantly lower rates of alcohol, tobacco, and marijuana use.
· Youth had significantly fewer conduct problems in school.
· Parents learned to build a positive relationship with their children, set appropriate limits, and follow through on consequences.
These results have continued years after families have completed the program.
The program has been used with thousands of families in the United States and several other countries. The National Institute on Drug Abuse, the Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention, the U.S. Department of Education, and the National 4-H Council have recognized the Strengthening Families Program 10-14 for its positive effects on youth.
Do you want to
· Help your children succeed in the future?
· Keep your children from serious behavior problems like drug and alcohol use?
· Maintain a positive relationship with your children during the challenging teen years?
MAKE A DIFFERENCE FOR YOUR FAMILY!
*FREE and open to the public!
*Free child care for younger siblings!
*Dinner provided each night!
*Gas cards to assist with transportation!